Sunday, January 13, 2008

Our Second Full Day in China

Hot Pot.
Quail eggs.
Eating a quail egg. Its not that much different than a chicken egg.
Chris, Landon, and
Shelly and Caitlin


The 4 of us.
The steaming hotpot.
The hotpot restaurant. The bottom one was taken in a hurry so its a little crooked.
I was trying to get a picture of the long line of bikes that were parked here, but this man stepped into my picture. These are some of the probably thousands and maybe millions of bikes in Nanjing. It reminded me of Amsterdam in The Netherlands.
The gate to the temple where the shopping area is.
It was packed!
This is a lucky tree. I think people buy ribbons and then hang them for good luck in the New Year.
The temple - we didn't go in.
Chinese architecture.
I'm not sure what river this is. I know that the Yangtze goes by the area Caitlin lives, but I wasn't able to get a picture. Maybe next time.
My candy covered strawberries. I look like I'm thinking "It's mine, touch it and die."

On the bus ride towards where Caitlin lives. We sat on the wheel that was up and across from Raul and Caitlin. I didn't think about the riding backwards part until we had started. I had to turn around a little part of the way.

This is in the bread van (mini-van like thing that looks like a loaf of bread). There are many types of transportation for hire. This is another one. Unfortunately, this was at night so I didn't get a very good picture.

Dinner at the little Italian place. This was our final night as tourists. The next day we stayed at Caitlin's apartment and rested. I wasn't feeling good at all. Then we went to see Caitlin and Raul's school. My camera's battery power ran out so that is probably why I didn't think to take my camera. I found out that my camera eats AAs like they are a snack. Thankfully Caitlin let me borrow her camera for a lot of the trip. We had a good visit. Next time we will go for longer when we have more time and we are not sick. I think it was a bit tough on Caitlin since they didn't have much time off, but she was the best hostess she could be with her busy schedule. Thank you to Caitlin for a good visit.

No comments: