Sunday, January 13, 2008

End of Day 1 - New Year's celebration at the Fellowship

We had a time of worship at the beginning of the service. Mary Ann gave a testimony during testimony time. She grew up in New York City.
The cell groups gave presentations. Many were cultural songs or songs put to the various languages in each group. It was a beautiful expression of how many languages God speaks. It was also a representation of how many Christians there are around the world. Here we were gathered together in His name!


Tehillah was dancing. She is so cute!
Some of the groups just had 1 or 2 people stand and present.


The countdown!
Happy New Year!
Everyone celebrating the New Year. I was turning as I was taking pictures - I guess I should have stopped each time. Don't worry I stopped to wish my husband and my friends a new year. Couldn't miss traditional New Year's kiss :o) with my husband of course.
We started the new year with a song. Then the groups finished up and we finished our party with a celebration song that is sung in many languages. I wasn't feeling the best during the whole thing so at time I had to celebrate from my seat. I hate being sick when something special is happening.

One of the Indian girls came up - she presented the tradition they have in India. They print verses on cards and they become promises for the new year. Each person takes a card and that verse becomes their promise to pray and accept all year. I thought this would be a good idea for future New Year celebrations.

The groups finishing up there presentations. It was so great to see how other cultures worship. The Africans had such great rythm - some of them "set their feet" to dancing - it was an awesome sight. I'm going to try and load some videos on our main sight. I got many of the groups performing.

No comments: