One of the potter's wheels is to the right of the man in the black shirt.
Some of the ladies that were working on projects when we got there.
The traditional kiln. They usually only lite it 3 times a year now.
The view behind the pottery shop.
Looking inside one of the kiln's "rooms."
The modern kiln.
Cameron making his pig.
My pigs.
Cameron's pigs.
Jennifer and Steven. They are missionaries to Korea.
Us. I have to say that my husband has rubbed off on me. I now own quite a few cartoon shirts. They are so cheap here its hard to resist.
Ness and Charles
New friend Crystal.
Making the body.
Yucky! I did not like how the clay was drying on my hands. It felt gross.
I was working on decorating mine with flowers. My favorite flowers are sunflowers.
Charles using the potter's wheel.
A plum tree field in the village.
Us on our way to lunch.
Traditional Korean lunch.
Not sure what all of this is, but we did try a few things. I listed them in the main blog.
Karl and new friend and Rebecca from church.
New friend Faith.
All of us.
Outside the restaurant - it is a family's home.
Dogs that were barking at us from someone's backyard. They are kind of cute.
The view.
The Korean tractor. Not sure if they use the ones like we have in the states. We often see these on the side of the highway.
Some houses in the village.
This one was quite beautiful.
Looking back on the pottery shop.
Naturally dyed fabric drying in the breeze.
Plum trees.
A lady working in the field.
Plum blossoms.
The whole pottery experience made me think of the song "Potter's Hand."
Artist - Hillsong United
Album - Various Songs
Potter's Hand
Beautiful Lord, Wonderful savior
I know for sure all of my days are held in your hands
Crafted into your perfect plans
You gently called me into your presence
Guiding me by Your Holy Spirit
Teach me dear Lord to live all of my life
Through your eyes
I'm captured by your holy calling
Set me apart.
I know you're calling me to yourself
Teach me, Lord. I pray
Take me, mold me, use me, fill me
I give my life to the potter's hand
Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me
I give my life to the potter's hand
I love that song!
We truly are molded by God's hands when we give our lives to Him. Sometimes it's painful and it's not always easy, but our goal is to be like Christ who is perfect.
My life is being molded by God!
No comments:
Post a Comment