After the introduction as Mr. and Mrs. they thanked the parents. TJ bowed all the way to the floor. The parents were the only people sitting up front. There were 2 girls that fixed her dress, but they were not dressed as bridesmaids. The guests were dressed varyingly from traditional to jeans.
There was no "You may kiss the bride." I don't think I saw them kiss at all during or after the wedding. Very different from our traditions. This was still not the very traditional Korean wedding. Our friend attended on of those and it is extremely different. Maybe eventually we will be able to attend one sometime.
They asked everyone to stay for family and friends pictures.
The new couple with their parents.
The friends picture - you can see us in the top right corner. Charles, Ness and Matthew are almost in the middle. Neilen should be in it somewhere as well. Charles, Neilen and I are in worship team with TJ. I think we were the only foreigners in the picture.
They took a picture of her throwing her bouquet. I think one of the girls that fixed her dress during the ceremony stood to catch it. It was only her not a group of girls.
I had to get a picture of the dress. The veil was my favorite part.
The new couple with Neilen.
We stayed for the buffet after the wedding. They are wearing their traditional matching wedding attire.
The "reception" was in the cafeteria at the church. There weren't festivities like in the US. Lots of food. Some weddings have cake, but we didn't see any at this one. There were many things to choose from. We were able to pick what we wanted which was nice. We haven't been able to try much because most of the Korean restaurants we have been to haven't been buffets.
It was a really exciting and interesting experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment