Sunday, November 11, 2007

At school and around town - a little of this and that.


There is a tiny convenient store in the subway.
The closest thing to Sprite. I think this one might be the one put out by Coke, but I can't remember.

Hanging out at the apartment.
Subway stop 113 Sangmu. We are hoping soon the subway will be finished and it will go up to 119 just past the airport in the "subarb" outside Gwangju. I am not a big fan of the bus because I sometimes get motion-sickness, but I ride it when I have to.
The map of Gwangju where we get of the bus to get on the subway.
The name brand "outlet" mall. Pretty much a regular mall. You will pay a lot for a pair of Levi or Tommy Hilfiger jeans over $100. There were a lot of name brands that we knew and a few that we didn't.

The garden we drive by on our way to Gwangju. I always enjoy looking at it. We have these flowers in the states, but I'm not sure what they are called.
The view from my seat on the bus while stopped at a light.A soccer game going on as we passed.A view of traffic.
Taking a picture of a bus from the bus. This is what the city-bus we usually take looks like. They are color coded so you notice them easier. This is the one that stops a lot - it goes back an forth between Gwangju and I think a city on the other side of Naju. An Asian-style building. Look a tree with red leaves! Fall.
My attempt in taking a picture of a gas station.
The university in Naju. I need to check on the name of it.
Korean style.
Adam and Leta's goodbye lunch. We had Chinese - not far from our apartment.
I'm not sure what the building is.
Behind the bus station in Naju. Some more Asian-style rooftops. The persimmon stand.
I took this from the bus while we were still in Naju. Here are a bunch of boys on their way to school on a Saturday. The stand behind I believe is selling fresh persimmons - which I have yet to try.

This is what a pickup truck looks like here. I have seen only a couple that look similar to American pickups - and they did not have a full bed.
Shoes in the doorway at school.


Yeong Kang's cross. At night you see many crosses in the area. I have only seen one that was not red - it was blue.
To the right - not in the picture - is the school. Here is the PC Room. I believe there is also a Korean BBQ place (galbi). You can see there is another church right next to Yeong Kang.
This is the strip of stores we go to for chicken on a stick. There is also a toy/stationary store, a convenient store, a salon, a downstairs grocery store (which we use a lot), and I am assuming a music lesson studio upstairs since we hear a piano many times. Our apartment is on the right in the distance. We usually take the driveway/path right after the green patch in the distance unless we have to pick up a few things on the way home.
Some Koreans working in their garden right next to the path.
This is a PC Bong (or PC Room). No drug relation. The kids go to these to play computer games. They are all over the place. This one is right next to the school. Here they are loading into the van.
Some of the students after class. The very far left is Marizel - the Philipino teacher.
Many of these students are waiting for the van that the school rents as tranportation.
The complex that we are to be in hopefully this December.
The leftover rice grasses - not sure what else to call them.
The roof of the school - in the middle.
The fields behind the school after harvest. This is also a house we walk by everyday. We use the path in front of it. There is also an alleyway next to it to the right of the gate. We used to use it everyday, but we go a different way home now. You can see our current apartment building in the background.

No comments: